Steps to Apply for Financial Aid

Complete the Non-Custodial Profile

A Non-Custodial Profile Application is required of all students whose biological or adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or never married.  If you indicate one of these statuses on the Profile, the College Scholarship Service will email you instructions for completion of the online Non-Custodial Parent Profile Application which can then be forwarded to your non-custodial parent.

The Non-Custodial Profile Application requires a fee which may be paid by credit/debit card or electronic check when completing the application.  If you qualify for a fee waiver, it will be done online by the College Scholarship Service.

In some cases, Emory will waive the request for Non-Custodial Profile with the submission of the Non-Custodial Parent Waiver Petition with supporting documentation. Instances when waivers are granted are in situations where abuse, a restraining order, incarceration, or total disability, etc. exists.