Finding a Job

Federal Work-Study students may interview for a variety of jobs either on or off campus, including opportunities to provide community service. If you are awarded Federal Work-Study for the fall semester, then search for Federal Work-Study jobs online in the Handshake database beginning in late summer, or in person during orientation at the annual job fair held on campus each August. Students awarded Federal Work-Study for the spring semester may begin searching for jobs on Handshake during the preceding winter break. Placement in a position of your choice allows you to begin receiving income to pay your expenses. You may begin working when all of your financial aid and hiring documents are completely processed and approved. Your Federal Work-Study earnings will be deposited directly into the bank account you designate. Federal Work-Study earnings will not appear as a credit on your bill; you are paid biweekly, based upon the number of hours you work, and funds are credited to your personal bank account.

Changing Jobs

At any point during the academic year a student may change Federal Work-Study jobs. However, it is recommended that you give your employer at least two weeks notice to process all necessary paperwork. You must be properly terminated from your previous position prior to being hired into a new position. For accurate recordkeeping purposes, it is imperative that you advise your new employer that you have recently changed positions.