Undergraduate Aid for Undocumented Students

Emory meets 100% of the demonstrated financial need for undocumented undergraduate students, regardless of DACA status, who graduated from a US high school and are admitted as a first-year or transfer first-degree-seeking undergraduate students to Emory College or Oxford College.

If you fall into this category and apply for financial aid, your financial aid package may include a combination of institutional grants and scholarships, institutional work-study (DACA students only), and institutional loans. We also invite you to apply for merit scholarships through the Emory University Scholar Programs.

Note: International students are not considered undocumented students for financial aid eligibility. Students currently in the process of applying for permanent residency will be considered international students until they have completed the immigration process with USCIS and have received a green card. Other students currently in the US (i.e., attending a US high school) on student or family visas will be considered international students.

Information and resources for international students applying to Emory:

Click below to learn more about the financial aid process and resources for undocumented students.

Applying for Financial Aid

Applying for financial aid at Emory is easy!

  1. Review important dates for your undergraduate or graduate/professional school and admission plan.

  2. Complete the CSS Profile (if applicable to your school or program). Emory's CSS Profile Code is 5187.

    Begin Your CSS Profile

    Hot Tip: Although the CSS Profile costs $25 to complete, the College Board offers fee waivers to eligible first year students.

    Learn whether you qualify for a College Board Fee Waive

  3. Submit your tax documents

Once you have completed the College Board Profile application, you will receive instructions on how to submit your federal tax forms to the College Board Institutional Documentation (IDOC) Service.

Students*, parents, and non-custodial parents** (if applicable) are required to upload or email signed federal tax forms that include:

  • W-2s
  • 1099s
  • All related schedules
  • Any corporate and partnership returns that were submitted to the IRS

* Students who were not required to file a tax return for the applicable year, please complete the Emory Non-Tax Filer Form (link to Forms page)

** "Non-custodial parents" includes a student's biological or adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or never married

Frequently Asked Questions

Undocumented Student FAQs

Yes. Undocumented students with or without DACA should notify the Office of Financial Aid via email with your name, Emory ID number, admission plan (ED1, ED2, Regular, Transfer), and your current citizenship status before April 1.

All students, regardless of citizenship status will be able to review their financial aid package online through the OPUS.

No. Once you are admitted to Emory as an international undergraduate student, this status will apply throughout your undergraduate career.

Please visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission website for more details on how to apply for admission.

Yes. All students, regardless of citizenship status, are eligible to apply for institutional merit-based scholarships. Emory offers partial to full merit-based scholarships to incoming first-year students through the Emory University Scholar Programs.

Additional Resources